Non-invasive aesthetic therapies have gained lots of popularity in recent years with the advancements in technology. Traditionally, facelifts were the only option to correct the facial structure, with only a few people opting for the type of treatment. In the modern era, the world has been enthusiastic and focussing to stay refreshed with dermal fillers that have proven to keep the skin young and radiant. Before you decide to go on with the dermal fillers, you must know the basics of dermal fillers, their types, and the effects.
What Are Dermal Fillers and Why Are They Used?
Signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles are caused due to volume loss and weakening of facial tissues. The tissue responsible for maintaining the skin strong and firm is collagen which weakens as the skin ages leading to sag and droop. Dermal fillers are gel-like products that are injected under the skin surface for the aim of regaining the lost volume and evening out the fine lines. They’re FDA approved and come in different types with a variety of functions to restore lost volume, even the fine lines, enhance facial curves, and smooth lines due to muscle movements, age factors, and exposure to the sun. Even though dermal fillers are more prevalent to be used around the nose, eyes, and mouth they are also employed in restoring the lost volume in cheeks, lips. They are known to enhance the facial structure and give a natural glow to the skin.
Types of Dermal Fillers:
There are different types of useful dermal fillers used by expert aestheticians. These include:
- Restylane products are hyaluronic acid fillers that offer natural-looking results. Restylane evens out the folds and facial wrinkles, improves lip volume, lines surrounding the mouth, and provides volume to the cheeks.
- Lyft is an effective, safe, and dissolvable HA filler that offers a natural-looking volume to the cheeks and hands. It can be injected into your hands and Face in the same session.
- Defyne develops a natural enhancement in the volume in the treatment regions. HA (Hyaluronic Acid) pulls the moisture to the treatment regions and enhances the support by providing the much-needed hydration to fibroblasts and skin cells.
- Refyne smoothness the fine lines that pass from the surrounding areas of the nose to the corners of the mouth. They are also effective in smoothing the lines that pass from corners of the mouth towards the skin. It is effective on mild to moderate lines and develops a natural look to the face.
- Kysse is an FDA approved filler for lips that feel more natural than other fillers. It blends easily into the tissue and when it is injected and molds into the tissue. Due to this, lips become plumper, even and look beautiful.
- Silk is developed to use for smoothening the lip. It is used precisely for the experts depending on the condition and smoothens the surrounding wrinkles.
- Juvéderm is a popular hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler designed to substitute the naturally occurring HA in the areas where there is a significant loss.
- Voluma XC is inserted deep in the areas of the cheek and refill the lost volume beneath the skin’s surface. It gives a youthful appearance and injections that remain for a longer time.
- Volbella XC – is an FDA approved dermal filler that is again employed for the areas in and around the lips. This filler will replace the lost volume in lips and wrinkles and aids in maintaining good moisture around the region with results lasting around a year. The gel is injected, fills in lips and wrinkles, and helps to maintain moisture. Results can last up to one year.
- Xeomin is made up of botulinum toxin A that successfully aids in resolving moderate to severe lines between the eyebrows, crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead wrinkles.
- Radiesse is an injectable therapy that is used to refill the specific areas of the face and hands. It encourages natural collagen production in the body and smoothens the wrinkles for the long-term.
- Belotero gives a quick solution by adding the volume to the dull regions. It is beneficial in treating fine lines effectively. This filler comes from the family of hyaluronic acid-based injectables and one of the lightest dermal fillers available.
- Revanesse Versa is an advanced dermal filler that enhances the appearance of facial areas such as nasolabial folds, cheeks, and lip regions. Even this is a hyaluronic acid filler performed with exceptionally fine needles that give natural results.
Who is a Suitable Candidate for Dermal Fillers?
Any healthy individual who is worried about the appearance of fine lines can opt for this treatment. Aged people who are above 40 are always looking for anti-aging treatments that will be effective. Even individuals around 25-30 who want to keep their skin refreshed and young for longer are opting for this treatment. Dermal fillers replace the lost collagen naturally and stimulate the body to reproduce it. These dermal fillers are the best option for mature individuals who want to bring a youthful appearance to the face without drastically changing their expressions.
How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
Dermal fillers promote natural collagen production in the body while filling up the wrinkles and adding the lost volume around multiple areas of the skin. These dermal fillers are not permanent and typically last from 6 to 18 months. The length of time they last are reliant on the type of injections used and individual health and skin factors.
It is evident that aging is a precise process in the life of all individuals, hence every person will require unique treatment advice. Consulting with an experienced aesthetic like GLO Aesthetics will aide you to identify the specific areas that would need assistance from an increase of collagen, and a precise way to achieve the best results for your body. We are a leading aesthetic and skin health center, offering cutting-edge medical-cosmetic/non-invasive procedures to restructure, improve, and refresh your looks.